Research Round-Up: All Our Storyclock Research Logs So Far
Since we launched, we’ve been using the Storyclock Notebook to research some of our favorite stories and share them with you on the blog. In each post, we break down each story - looking at where and when things happen, how characters develop (or don’t), symmetrical moments, and even the ways that the film may veer off from story structure (because rules are made to be broken).
In case you’ve missed anything so far, here’s a handy round-up! Yee-haw! Cowboy words!
- Wes Anderson’s Fantastic Mr. Fox, a cussing-great film adaptation of Roald Dahl’s book.
- Taika Waititi’s Thor: Ragnarok, because Taika Waititi.
- John Hughes’s masterpiece, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, which breaks all the rules and we love it for it.
- Taika Waititi’s Hunt for the Wilderpeople, because Taika Waititi. Forever.
- Gareth Edwards's Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, a Star Wars story about Star Wars that takes place before Star Wars.
- John McTiernan’s Die Hard, our favorite Christmas movie.
- Steven Spielberg’s E.T. The Extra Terrestrial. Because E.T.
- The pilot episode of the Duffer Brothers’ Stranger Things, because E.T.
We’ll keep sharing more research logs on the blog (this one). In the meantime, keep clocking your own stories. We love to see what you’re up to, so be sure to tag us @plotdevicesco on Twitter and Instagram.
A notebook designed for screenwriters and story nerds.Shop Now